Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blow

After 4 years, 2 series of attempts to write something interesting and almost one year break, I've come back with my 3rd chance, with a fresh mind and a great deal of learning experiences.
I know my 1st step was a childish, ironic approach, thinking I was writing for the like minded people, the second one was a bit more down to earth but still not enough..though I had quite a few followers.
I didn't delete all my posts because I was ashamed of some sort, but because there is a new me, I am grateful for all that happened, it got me to where I am today but they don't represent me anymore.
So, I woke up this morning with a hunger for writing and this movie "Blow" is the first one in such a long time to make me want to write about it.
It's a very beautiful story (based on real facts) about an ambitious guy that at a young age he decided to make a nice lifestyle for himself, different than the one he had with his parents, so he goes into what we would call crazy and dangerous (at least back in the '70s), so he becomes a drug dealer and later a cocaine smuggler, a very good one but a foolish one I would say, because he missed what was important and his hunger for getting even more and heading into his dream lifestyle cost him everything in the end (family, money, love, freedom).
Johnny Depp is just amazing as he usually is, I couldn't aks for a better performance and Penelope Cruz, well..I have to say that after seing "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" I didn't think she was capable of such an interesting performance, quite similar to the latest movie, though you can see she was young and fragile in her acting, but still good and impressive, considering this was done in 2001.
A good film, nice biography, nice acting and good directing, not even one second made me want to change the channel, so I recommend it to all of you that want to see something good, if you haven't seen it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment